Public Safety Canada has a number of responsibilities that span national security, emergency management, crime prevention, and policies with respect to law enforcement and corrections.
Please visit the following links for answers to frequently asked questions.
- Where can I find more information about the organizations and agencies that comprise Public Safety?
- How can I keep my online activities safe from viruses or hackers?
- Where can I find information about preparing for emergencies or natural disasters?
- What information do I need to travel domestically or abroad?
- Where can I find out more about the National Crime Prevention Centre?
- What is the Cross Cultural Round Table on Security?
- Where can I access information about immigration and citizenship issues?
- Who do I contact about safety or security issues occurring in my local area?
- How do I report a suspected fraud or scam?
- How do I contact the Minister of Public Safety?
NOTE: Messages are reviewed and answered during regular business hours.
For privacy and security reasons, Public Safety Canada does not accept personal information by email.
Public Safety Canada will DELETE emails that contain the following:
- Personal information (SIN Numbers, banking details, etc.)
- Personal details of other individuals (addresses, phone numbers, home or work addresses, etc.)
- Offensive language
- Requests to forward emails on your behalf
- Messages left for the Minister of Public Safety Canada.
- To correspond with the Minster, please use the appropriate channels outlined below.
Contact: 613-944-4875 or 1-800-830-3118
Electronic correspondence form
Teletypewriter (TTY) 1-866-865-5667
269 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Canada K1A 0P8
Members of the Media can visit our our Newsroom for contact details
Contact the Minister of Public Safety
The Minister of Public Safety Canada can be contacted via Electronic correspondence or by regular post.
Post (postage not required)
Minister of Public Safety
House of Commons
Ottawa, Canada K1A 0A6
For other Government of Canada programs visit www.gc.ca or contact 1-800-OCanada.
Access to Information and Privacy Office
Please send your Access to Information Act or Privacy Act requests to the following address:
Coordinator, Access to Information and Privacy Office
Public Safety Canada
269 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, ON K1A 0P8
Report website problems
To report technical problems with this site, please e-mail the webmaster (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating the nature of the problem, the web address (URL) of the page in question and the type of browser you are using.